Friday, March 15, 2013

Lend me your ears

I pitched my project in front of an audience today and was it nerve-racking! But it wasn't so bad. When I actually gave it, anyways. I had trouble using the presentation remote, but the relief I felt after I finished my pitch washed away my earlier thoughts. This sort of mirrors my situation with the garden. My challenge: face my fear of another run-in with bugs/insects/spiders. If I do run into one of those critters, will it be so bad? It would just mind its own business, right? Unless it enjoys the comfort of human contact, I'm positive it won't go near me. A few days ago, I noticed something nested on a plant in my front yard. A spider. And it was fairly big and had white markings and green fangs. It did freak me out, but when I looked up the spider, I found out that it was harmless and actually sort of friendly. So, when I resume weeding, I won't let the fear of run-ins stop me.
Why can't we be friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment