Monday, May 27, 2013

Fixing a Hole

The herbs have been doing well, except the other day I discovered that the infamous mint has escaped from the garden plots and into the pathway! I removed it, but I wasn't able to completely remove the roots and now there is a hole in the landscape fabric. I closed it off with a rock, so hopefully the mint won't grow back.




I've discovered that many ants live beneath the garden too. I knew before that there was a village of ants in the back right corner of Plot A, but I guess they've migrated to the front right corner! I's also almost time to weed the plots again. There are difference types of weeds depending on the season. These ones look like they came out of Jurassic Park! I think they look very pretty in the water, but they're taking away nutrients from the herbs, so I'll have to get rid of them.




No comments:

Post a Comment